Monday, July 7, 2008

Glamourous Accessories, Bollywood Style

Raja Peace Dupata, Sir Alistair Rai $128
I love finding things in small boutiques in older sections of towns and cities, where the shops are a far cry from the cement strip malls that line the interstate. This scarf was found near the University, in a shop with a brick façade and black awnings. From the moment I saw it, I fell in love with it and looked at it every day online or in the boutique. This is usually the case for something that I feel as if I have to own, but when I actually own it, I have buyer's remorse. I knew from the moment I saw it that I wouldn't experience that letdown after I saw this scarf. On Saturday, my wonderful boyfriend bought it for me, and it has been one of the best presents I've ever received. I've barely taken it off since he bought it for me.
They usually have good costume jewelry, and this is no exception. It looks much better in person than it does online. It's a gold colored peacock feather attached to a loop with a teardrop faceted crystal.

I bought a similar lotus necklace at a boutique near the university for $45. It is a gold dipped lotus pendant on a delicate gold chain. The card said "bridesmaid," but I bought it for myself because the charm was so beautiful. I like this one as well.
Lover Embellished Gladiator, Blowfish $54.95
I bought these shoes about two weeks ago. My sister became green with envy when she saw them on my feet and interrogated me until I confessed and told her the name of the store where I bought the last pair. She then searched through the racks until she found the "Lane" embellished thongs and bought them instead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate you for having those awesome mouth watering shoes!!! I want that scarf!!!

shoeaddict said...

I love those shoes and the peacock feather necklace. Lovely.

Also, you are more than welcome to join the book club. All you have to do right now is read the book! It's The Mercy of Thin Airand there are more details at my blog. Email me if you have questions.