Friday, July 18, 2008

Happiness List

This blog is new, so I haven't quite raved about my favorite blogs yet. Today though, I have to say that I love Pink of Perfection. It has so many endearing quirks, such as the theme music in the video posts and Sarah's warm and charming writing style. What I love most though, is her POP projects, a monthly assignment for readers who have blogs. This month's project is to put together a list of things that make you happy so that "you remind yourself that you have all the makings of a fine little life."

"M"
my boyfriend
love letters (both given and received)
my niece's smile
my family
my big brother
red velvet cake ice cream (a Southern girl's dream!)
a clean house
iced tea on a sultry summer night
the smell of the jasmine in my garden in the mornings
that one outfit that makes me feel like I can do anything
my beautiful scarf
white Christmases
red leaves in the fall
the chimes in my university's clock towers
vintage dresses
my beautiful home
being alone without any noise
reading a novel outside on the weekend
the feeling of accomplishment
A's on tests
taking the goggles off after labs and walking out to feel the sunshine
a bowl of fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries)
Pad Thai and Misal's of India
having someone to catch me when i fall (I have weak ankles)
Audrey Hepburn films (Breakfast at Tiffany's, Roman Holiday, Sabrina, and Funny Face)
old movies in general
Ringo ("Happiness is a warm puppy."-Charles Schulz)
knowing my life's purpose
picking a major and sticking with it
poetry
good times with even better friends

I really do have a fine little life. In fact, I believe it's glamourous.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi, I was just browsing the other P.O.P. happiness lists and really enjoyed yours. I had to laugh that you mentioned Happiness is a Warm Puppy. I kind of based my list around that Peanuts book, it's so cute.

Maggie said...

Reading outside... one of my favorite activities! Great list, and a really fabulous project!

Nap Mom said...

picking a major and sticking with it! good one!

Linda said...

What a lovely list. I have to agree with you on so many - particularly jasmine - mine's completely in flower at the moment and the scent is intoxicating. As a recent convert to red velvet cupcakes, the thought of them in icecream mode sounds delish.
I'm so thrilled to have discovered your blog!
Linda